Senior 3D Character Artist
Help shape the vision of a new fantasy RPG combining real-life fitness with gaming.
- London, UK. When the world allows, we work flexibly, combining working from home and in the office. For the right candidate this role could be fully remote. In such cases the maximum time difference between Quell HQ and the candidate is two hours.
- Populate the world of Quell with incredible creatures of your own making! Work directly with the Art Director and the animation team to help shape the visuals of the game from the start. The ideal candidate will have a love for fantasy art and RPG gaming and be well versed in creating compelling creatures and characters for games.
- Create compelling creature and character art based on concept art
- Create game-ready assets to hand over to the animation team
- Work with the concept and animation teams to bring life to an array of characters in Quell
- Work with Design to ensure the creature supports game features
- UV and texture characters in-line with game requirements
What we’re looking for.
- Expert in Maya and/ or Blender
- Expert in zBrush
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in creature and character art
- Portfolio demonstrating strong understanding of efficient topology and edge flow for optimisation and rigging needs
- Fluent across the entire 3D character pipeline from sculpt, modelling and retopology through to texturing
- Skilled creating optimal UV layouts and textures
- Able to effectively communicate workflow and pipeline needs to other team members
- Able to respond positively to feedback and adapt and refine your work accordingly
- Able to accurately estimate and follow through on work deadlines
- 3+ years’ experience working in the games industry in a 3D Character Artist role
- Experience working in start-ups and/or small teams
- Experience creating 3D environment and prop assets
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience working on RPG and fighting games
- Demonstrable understanding of hard-surface modelling
- Equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up
- Free books. We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Discounted bikes. Save up to 25%+ through our cycle to work scheme
- Shape the culture of a young, ambitious new organisation