Help shape the vision of a new fantasy RPG in the exciting new space of immersive fitness gaming.
- London, UK. We work flexibly, combining working from home and in the office. Only candidates who can work in our London office a few days a week will be considered.
- Work directly with the Art and Design teams along with programmers to help shape the vision of the game from the start. The ideal candidate will have a love for multiple genres of gaming and be passionate about creating a compelling user experience. They will be responsible for ideating, articulating and implementing a consistent look and feel by creating art for the UX.
- This will include typical first person UX, menus, diegetic UX, and health tracking.
- Develop clear style guides and consistent look and feel templates.
- Create stunning UI elements and design user-centric solutions on paper, wireframes and in engine.
- Work directly with the Art and Design teams to build a cohesive UI that fits the direction of the game.
- Communicate usability, accessibility, and user-delight ideas and concerns.
- Continuously improve the user experience by improving UX features in-engine.
What we’re looking for.
- Expert in storyboarding and moodboarding UX.
- Expert at implementing his/her own designs in Unity, using 3rd party or in house tools.
- Capable 2D artist for UI elements, screen layouts, leaderboards, and related 2D elements.
- Strong understanding of Unity workflows, putting assets into the tools, 2D elements placed in the 3D world for in-game text.
- Fluent with Unity’s UI system.
- Able to act as a bridge between the technical and art team and ensure UI art content and features are easily integrated into the game.
- Able to implement designs in Unity.
- Able to respond positively to feedback and adapt and refine your work accordingly.
- Able to accurately estimate and follow through on work deadlines.
- Able to offer solutions to problems from a technical and artistic standpoint.
- 3+ years’ experience working in the games industry in a UX/UI role.
- Experience working in start-ups and/ or small teams.
- Experience with Unity’s outsourcing and using assets with 3rd parties.
- Experience with Unity scripting.
- Experience with 2D UI creation tools like Photoshop.
- Equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up.
- Free books. We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Discounted bikes. Save up to 25%+ through our cycle to work scheme.
- Shape the culture of a young, ambitious organisation.