Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your work forms the bridge between our wearable and game. Design state-of-the-art algorithms to classify player actions using a combination of heuristic rules and machine learning models. Work with the design team to refine and execute their vision, with a focus on building robust and maintainable systems.
- Design, build and optimise algorithms to classify user actions
- Set up new data recording sessions and perform EDA to facilitate the addition of new actions
- Proactively engage stakeholders to drive efficient decision making
- Integrate new classification algorithms into the wearable device
- Research and champion new techniques to drive the product forward
- Help build a culture of constant improvement and collaboration
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- Highly skilled in Python, with experience using scientific and data analysis libraries such as Numpy and Pandas
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience creating algorithms for human activity recognition or other complex pattern matching tasks
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines using AWS or another cloud provider
- Familiarity with C. Experience with C++ and C# would also be a plus
- Experience working with embedded systems, especially those using inertial measurement units or other sensors
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30X in two years
- Flexible working hours and holiday
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Cycle-to-work programme
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Martin at email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now