Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your mission is to make players fall in love with the breadth and depth of visuals in our launch game: Shardfall. You will work closely with the Art Director and Game Team to flesh out the Art of Shardfall and create compelling and coherent concept art for the 3D team to work towards.
- Create character and environment concept art.
- Work with the Art Director to transform ideas into clear sketches, drawings and paintings.
- Take sketches and thumbnails through to clear detailed artwork, ready for the 3D team.
- Work with Designers to create concepts that adhere to gameplay requirements.
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in character and environment concept art.
- Expertise with art theory and fundamentals.
- Expertise working in a stylised fantasy art style.
- A great communicator – you can express ideas coherently both to the game and wider team.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and adapt and refine your work accordingly.
- Ability to consistently deliver clear results in line with the art vision.
- Ability to accurately estimate and follow through on work deadlines.
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Cloud (or equivalent).
- 3+ years experience working in the games industry, in a Concept Art role.
- Experience working in start-ups and/or small teams.
- Experience creating storyboard artwork.
- Experience working on 1st person RPG and fighting games.
- An interest in fitness, of any kind.
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30x in two years.
- Flexible working hours and holiday.
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle-to-work programme.
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work.
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Rob at email@example.com with your CV and portfolio. Remote applicants will only be considered within a 2 hour time difference of the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now