Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Help build the wearable device at the core of the first dedicated fitness gaming platform. As we move towards full-scale production and launch, you’ll work in close collaboration with our game and algorithm teams to power our development forward, building robust and maintainable systems in a small but passionate team.
- Design, build and iterate on new and existing firmware features in a CI/CD environment
- Diagnose and fix issues with system performance and functionality
- Assist with bug fixes and electronics design changes,/li>
- Empower our development teams by integrating new classification models, preparing firmware releases, and assisting with internal fleet management
- Research and champion new techniques to drive the product forward
- Help build a culture of constant improvement and collaboration
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- 1+ years of professional embedded engineering experience
- Skilled in embedded C or C++
- Familiarity with electronics components and theory
- Experience working with real-time sensor data
- Familiarity with wireless networking principles and implementations, ideally multi-device networks
- Soldering and other making skills
- Familiarity with PCB design
- Experience researching issues, using signal scopes, and analysing and debugging electronics
- Experience using Git or other version control software
- Familiarity with AWS services such as IOT, Lambda, security, databases, and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Python
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30x in two years.
- Flexible working hours and holiday.
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle-to-work programme.
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work.
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now