Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your primary mission is to own the gameplay balancing and in-game economy for Shardfall - our fitness based adventure game with living RPG elements. Collaborate with the wider team to offer meaningful content for subscription-tier players and generate balanced rewards which validate their subscription. While game balancing is your main focus, you’ll also be a member of the core design team tackling AI, combat and level design tasks.
- You’re the team-wide point of contact for all things balance and economy.
- Ensure that everyone follows best practices with regards to ideating and implementing long-term reward systems.
- Generate ideas for new equipment and upgrades, ensuring they synergise with existing unlockables to create compelling gameplay variety.
- Leverage your passion for data-driven design to create compelling reward scenarios.
- Propose new systems and features that boost player retention and foster habituation to help players reach their fitness goals.
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- Experience working on in-game economy and balancing.
- A vision for long-term player retention and endlessly expandable mechanics.
- Ability to adapt and move at pace, driving ideas from concept to implementation.
- Clear communication of design challenges and decisions to the wider team.
- Unity experience.
- You have shipped games on console or PC
- Knowledge of C#
- Action, RPG and/or Combat design experience
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Experience working in startups
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30x in two years.
- Flexible working hours and holiday.
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle-to-work programme.
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work.
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Sandy Lockie at email@example.com with your CV and a (brief) cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now