HEAD OF PEOPLE
Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
- Shape and serve as a champion of the organisational culture.
- Establish systems and practices that promote collaboration, performance, and accountability.
- Lead all people projects, including learning and development, total rewards and employee relations.
- Partner with the leadership team to drive organisation objectives from a people lens.
- Promote and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Maintain a pulse on the mood of the organisation and help maintain the connection between leadership and staff.
- Report directly to the COO (Co-founder) and work regularly with other executive members of Quell.
- Develop strategy for People Ops systems (e.g. onboarding, learning and development etc). Deploy these systems to the different stakeholders and continuously adapt them to a growing team.
- Cultivate a culture of growth and professional development across all departments.
- Build and maintain employee engagement practices; develop and grow connection across the whole team
- Lead in the development and execution of team activities and events
- Lead and manage a range of hiring and recruiting efforts to find top talent for the Quell team, ensuring that hiring processes are fit for purpose.
- Managing recruiter relationships and contracts, and keeping recruitment platforms up to date (Otta, Cord, LinkedIn).
- Design and maintain a performance management system, including training, mentoring, and supporting managers to create individual growth plans and conduct growth-oriented evaluations
- Provide ongoing support to staff and managers to address needs, create clear expectations and proactively navigate conflicts as they arise (or, even better, before they arise!)
- Support managers in core HR issues including disputes and disciplinary action, ensuring that our processes are fair, robust and compliant, and obtaining appropriate external legal advice as required
- Ensure our people processes support diversity and inclusivity
- Utilise analytics to determine what the business needs are in relation to Diversity and Inclusion
- Maintain HRIS and provide support on ad-hoc requests (e.g. long-term leave)
- Create and manage clear channels for staff to raise issues and concerns that may arise about their work environment or broader company culture
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- 3+ years of experience in HR and/or people ops in a high-growth business (ideally scaling from 25 employees or less to 50+)
- Track record of developing and implementing key HR/people ops systems, structures and initiatives with proven impact on the business
- Experience building a diverse and inclusive organisation
- Strong ability to build relationships, with excellent leadership and communication skills
- Fact-driven approach to problem-solving
- Excellent 'EQ' and ability to empathise with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Comprehensive day-to-day understanding of employment law
- Experience managing ATS and HRIS platforms
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Experience and proven strategies to manage a hybrid workplace with both in-person and fully remote employees.
- Experience driving initiatives related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Understanding of pay strategies, market trends, and compensation benchmarking
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30X in two years
- Flexible working hours and holiday
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Cycle-to-work programme
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Lorenzo Spreafico at email@example.com with your CV and a (brief) cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now