LIVE OPS GAME DESIGNER
Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your mission is to build robust, expandable systems that demonstrably aid player engagement and foster habituation for Shardfall - our fitness based adventure game with living RPG elements. Collaborate with developers to design and maintain Shardfall’s game telemetry. Identify key findings based on analytics and community input to make design improvements for weekly releases. Ensure gameplay is consistently balanced and compelling for players of various fitness and skill levels. While live ops are your main focus, you’ll also be a member of the core design team tackling AI, combat and level design tasks.
- You’re the primary stakeholder of the design analytics pipeline. You’ll work with the wider team in interpreting telemetry and creating design solutions based on the insights.
- Be the evangelist for data-driven design solutions within the studio.
- Ideate gameplay features to generate player habituation of Shardfall and drive them to reach their fitness goals.
- Be point of contact for emerging GaaS mechanics, assessing their strengths and weaknesses and ensure Shardfall is at the cutting edge of upcoming trends.
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- Experience working on a live service game in a design capacity.
- A focus on long-term player retention and endlessly expandable mechanics.
- Ability to adapt and move at pace, driving ideas from concept to implementation.
- Clear communication of design challenges and decisions to the wider team.
- Unity experience.
- You have shipped games on console or PC
- Knowledge of C#
- Action, RPG and/or Combat design experience
- Experience working in startups
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30x in two years.
- Flexible working hours and holiday.
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle-to-work programme.
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work.
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Sandy Lockie at email@example.com with your CV and a (brief) cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now