Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
With over 6000 preorders placed already, you’ll create systems to scale with our ever-growing community of players. You’ll architect and deploy our network services, allowing users to play with their friends, check out how they shape up on leaderboards, and track their fitness progression over time.
- Develop high-quality code in Unity in close collaboration with the frontend and backend teams
- Guarantee quality through a thorough review process, use of unit and integration testing, and following consistent architectural patterns
- Design and architect multiplayer features to support our game
- Proactively engage stakeholders to drive efficient decision making
- Support and mentor team members on networking best practices
- Research and champion new techniques to drive the product forward
- Help build a culture of constant improvement and collaboration
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- 4+ years of games network engineering experience
- Proficiency in architecting, designing and implementing network features and systems for a scalable live game in Unity
- Experience with Unity’s networking middleware (Mirror, Photon, etc.)
- Experience building scalable software in multi-developer teams
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines using AWS or another cloud provider
- Experience working on live service games
- Experience with server-side languages (e.g. Node/Typescript, Go, Python, C#, Java, PHP, Rust)
- Familiarity with lag compensation and latency mitigation techniques
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30X in two years
- Flexible working hours and holiday
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Cycle-to-work programme
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now