Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $10m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your mission is to champion the player by making our games the best they can be. You will be catching issues and bugs before they can reach our players by using state of the art testing methodologies. You will keep development teams and production up to date on the state of the game, and support the QA lead with their tasks.
- Test daily game builds to identify and report issues.
- Test of our hardware set including the running, jumping and combat functionalities.
- Log and update clear and well-organised issue reports that make sure all teams understand what the issue is, and how to approach a fix.
- Complete regular sanity tests of every feature in the game; especially ahead of a release.
- Keep the QA lead up to date with daily reports.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
- Previous experience in game testing/Game QA.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability to fast paced environment changes.
- An interest in gaming.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and bug tracking apps like Jira or Shortcut
- An interest in fitness or motion controls’ gaming
- Options – we want everyone at Quell to take ownership of building our business together so we are pleased to offer all employees a stake in the business to share in our future success.
- Flexibility – Hybrid employees have the flexibility to work from home on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – we all get together in the office on Mondays and Fridays to plan, collaborate and socialise together.
- Work from Anywhere – the opportunity to work for up to 10 days per year outside of your country of employment.
- Parental leave – equal, enhanced parental leave of 6 weeks full pay for all new parents, plus further maternity, adoption and shared parental leave in line with statutory requirements.
- Pension scheme – Quell will contribute 3% alongside an employee contribution of 5% of your qualifying earnings.
- Holiday allowance – we offer 25 days annual leave + standard UK bank holidays. We also give all employees the days off in between Christmas and New Year (an extra 3 days of holiday!) and the opportunity to use up to 5 bank holidays on days that are most meaningful for you.
- £300 per year Wellbeing Budget to spend via our wellbeing platform, Heka.
- £300 per year Personal Learning and Development Budget to spend on the resources that work for you, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- Access for you and your dependants to our Employee Assistance Programme and Private Telemedicine service 365 days a year, providing you with support for your mental and physical health, as well as financial and legal matters.
- Cycle to Work scheme – a tax efficient way to purchase a new bike, with most people saving at least 33%.
- PureGym discount – we have a PureGym on site at our offices in Oval, with a 5-10% discount on membership.
- Game and book library – we want everyone at Quell to have the resources to learn – whatever book you want to read or game you want to try, let us know.
- Regular team socials – bringing everyone together (both virtually and in-person) to celebrate our successes.
- Little extras – we want everyone to be comfortable and at their best at work, so we provide complimentary coffee/tea, fresh fruit and snacks throughout the day.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Peter Cornelius (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a (brief) cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
In line with the Equality Act 2010, should you require any reasonable adjustments to the application process please let us know via email and we will get back to you to discuss your requirements.