SENIOR GAME DESIGNER
Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Your mission is to work with the Design Director to take our debut game, Shardfall, through production, into early access and beyond. You’ll collaborate with the wider team to ideate innovative solutions to unique problems. Own key areas and lead multidisciplinary feature teams in implementing cohesive design. Overcome the design challenges of making exercise fun, and turn something people avoid into something they can’t get enough of. In this role, you’ll also wear many hats as part of the core design team tackling AI, level design and metagame loops.
- Operate autonomously and as part of the wider design team to generate workable solutions to unique challenges.
- Conduct well structured problem solving sessions to collaboratively ideate with stakeholders.
- Dive into the editor whenever possible to implement rapidly and efficiently, test out ideas and gather feedback from the wider team.
- Communicate with feature teams, update design documentation where necessary and ensure everyone is driving towards the same solution.
- Iterate and improve on core combat, prototyping new enemies to target fitness objectives and collaborating with the art team to message their behaviours.
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED.
- Clear communication of design challenges and decisions to the wider team.
- Passionate about building games that make a difference.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and the drive to innovate with unique design challenges.
- Imagination and curiosity to deliver solutions that no one else would think of.
- Ability to adapt and move at pace as part of a growing team.
- Unity experience.
- You have shipped games on console or PC
- Knowledge of C#
- Action, RPG and/or Combat design experience
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Experience working in startups
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30x in two years.
- Flexible working hours and holiday.
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle-to-work programme.
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work.
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Sandy Lockie at email@example.com with your CV and a (brief) cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now