SENIOR GAMEPLAY ENGINEER
Quell is building the future of fitness gaming. Our players get fit fighting, running, leaping and ducking their way through unforgettable worlds. We give players real resistance, powerful haptics, heart-rate data and real-time motion tracking to create a truly immersive experience.
The team is made up of passionate superstars from the likes of Square Enix, King, Meta, Paradox, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Disney. We’ve sold $1.5m in pre-orders and raised over $5m in funding from top-tier investors. Now, we’re gearing up for an explosive launch.
Shape the player’s experience in a game blending high-intensity exercise with deep, immersive gameplay. You’ll own features from inception to delivery, working with the design team to refine and execute their vision, with a focus on building robust and maintainable systems.
- Develop high-quality code in Unity across animation, gameplay, audio, UI and metagame
- Guarantee quality through a thorough review process, use of unit and integration testing, and following consistent architectural patterns
- Work on systems and tools to create compelling and immersive gameplay
- Proactively engage stakeholders to drive efficient decision making
- Support and mentor team members on engineering best practices
- Research and champion new techniques to drive the product forward
- Help build a culture of constant improvement and collaboration
Skills you’ll need.
- 5+ years of game engineering experience
- Highly skilled in C# and Unity, with an emphasis on AI, animation, and gameplay
- Experience of the full product cycle: building tools for designers, pipelines for artists, and visualization tools for gameplay, and setting up automation
- Experience building scalable software in multi-developer teams
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience developing for alternative input devices (VR, Wii, Kinect, PS Move etc)
- Built or worked on multiplayer experiences in Unity
- Experience using procedural content generation
- Familiarity with other languages in our stack: Python, C or C++
PERKS OF THE JOB.
- Equity in a start-up which has increased its value 30X in two years
- Flexible working hours and holiday
- Free books! We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Cycle-to-work programme
- A team obsessed with building an amazing place to work
- Design-led. Great products create great businesses, not vice versa.
- Zero ego. The best idea can come from anyone.
- Strengths-based. We build superstars by focusing on strengths, not weaknesses
HOW TO GET STARTED.
Please email Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now